Care For Depression
DISCLAIMER: This technique is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or treatment. Individuals with any type of medical condition, the elderly, children below 14, women who are pregnant or suspect they may be pregnant are advised to seek professional medical advice before practicing this technique. Viewers who are not on two-way video conferencing are cautioned that they are practicing these techniques at their own risk.
Steps to be followed:
- PRAANA MUDRAA
1. PRAANA MUDRAA
1. Sit on Padma Asana (Lotus Pose)
2. Keep your eyes closed and focus on your breath.
3. Keep your hands on your thighs.
4. Touch the tips of your ring finger and little finger to your thumb. The index and middle finger should be pointed straight.
5. Feel the life force as it rushes through your body.
6. Stay on this pose for 3 minutes.
- Keeping the eyes closed, inhale and exhale as deeply as possible
- Do this 3 times
- Put the left heel under the perineum and sit on it.(This is called Moola Bandha)
- Contract the abdominal muscles to expel the maximum amount of air from the lungs
- Hold the breath outside as long as possible
- When you can’t hold any more, slowly inhale
- Do this 11 times.
- Release Moola Bandha (you can take your left heel out)
- Inhale slowly and fill the abdomen and the lungs as much as possible
- Hold the breath inside as long as possible
- Then exhale very slowly
- Do this at least 11 times
- Exhale completely by contracting your abdominal muscles
- Retain the breath outside as long as you can
- When you inhale, inhale and fill your lungs and abdominal muscle
- Hold the breath inside as long as you can
- Do this 21 times
END OF KRIYA